Thursday 30 June 2011

June 28, 2011

Sometimes when the weather is nice, I like to go sit in Harmony Square before work. Sometimes I stare at the sky and the people and think about how blessed I am, and sometimes I just listen to music and wait. For a long time lately, I have had a desire to write. So, I am bringing a little notebook with me to Harmony Square and hope that inspiration finds me where I am. I will post most of my writings here, and hopefully it will inspire me to write something big, and with purpose. 

June 28

Ever desire to write that great novel? That one that gets published and earns you all kinds of money, fans and fame. I just want to write, and get published. I don't need millions of dollars, but I want people to want to read my stories.  I want my books to be sold at yard sales. Part of me wants to write this fantastical cinderella-esque novel complete with the prince charming and the happy ending, and part of me wants to write a story about my journey as a woman of God. Every time I try to put pen to paper though, I come up with nothing. Empty handed. I pray for God's wisdom and that one day He would recognize my hearts desires. I put my faith and trust in HIm, knowing that only He knows whats best for me, and where my life will lead.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard sometimes, isn't it, to fully put your faith in God and hope that what you want most is something that you're suppose to be doing.

    Good luck with your writing beautiful!

    xo
    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only limits we have are what we place on ourselves. You can do ANYTHING you want to, as long as you really want it. Many writers spends months with a mix of creativity then writers block, the hardest part is finding the initial idea. Once you get past that it's usually easy sailing :). Despite what some may think, artists of all kinds struggle with their creative mind regularly before inspiration finally hits.

    ReplyDelete