Thursday 30 June 2011

June 29, 2011

Today I am listening to music from my past. That which I suppose you could say sparked my initial desire to write. I listened to music a lot in my teenage years and would spend hours and hours writing fictional stories about musicians and bands. Stories that were so long they could really almost be novels. 

While I spent so much time writing these stories I let my imagination go, and I would tell myself that what I was writing was so unbelievably amazing that surely if the right person read them, he or she would recognize my awesome talent and want to publish me right away.

I still have copies of the stories, too. Every now and then I like to go back and read them.  Every time I read something, it is like a movie playing in my head, and usually I don't want to put it down until the "movie" is over. I read these stories I wrote so many years ago, and really I feel like no one should be subjected to having to read them.  I feel bad for making my own mother read them. 

The point I'm trying to make is that in one sense I want to go back to letting my imagination go like that.  I want what I write to be so good that when someone reads it, they see a movie playing in their head and not want to put it down until the movie is over. I've yet to find that inspiration. One day... 

3 comments:

  1. Imagination can be a hard thing to rediscover when we get older. When we look at things we did in our teenage years, we go "Man..HOW did I even come up with that?". Don't worry, when you start letting it come back to you, it will come back full force :). You should carry a notebook around with you at all times..just in case you get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you hugs. Imagination comes and goes, especially when we're adults. You'll find your inspiration and imagination again lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fox! I've been doing that lately. I'll sit downtown where I live and jot out my 'blogs' so to speak and come home and write them...as of yet, I haven't been inspired quite enough to start writing my novel, but hopefully this will lead to something good :-)

    Alex thanks, you're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete