Saturday 17 September 2011

September 17, 2011

 I can never think of creative/interesting enough blog post titles, so I generally just date them. Maybe I should be working on that too, especially if I want to write, :)

I signed up for an creative writing course today. It's with Algonquin College, and it's completely online. It works with my work/life schedule. I'm so excited to start the course, I want it to be January like, right now. I  could do without the winter, cold and snow though. At the same time, it's kind of scary. I mean, the first time I tried college, it was my first time away from home. I failed miserably. I wanted to write then still, but I took a journalism program. Turns out, it was NOT what I wanted to do either, plus a big majority of personal issues and life in general got in my way. The second time I went to college, it was a community college for Pharmacy Technician/Assistant. Don't get me wrong, either. I love my career, and my job. I work in a long term care facility that dispenses medications to nursing homes and long term care facilities. I love playing a part, even if it is a tiny part, in healthcare. It feels good knowing that I've helped someone's grandmother or great grandmother  get the medication they need to help them live a more comfortable day to day life.

Writing for me, I guess you would say is more of a hobby. If I can take a few courses and improve my hobby, and possibly make a couple dollars, then that's just an added bonus. I love learning. I'm not all that smart, but I love learning. Well no, I'm smart..I guess but there are many subjects which I know little about, and few subjects that I know a lot about. It's just who I am, and I'm okay with that, for the most part. Of course it's fun to have that pipe dream of writing this novel that's going to become the next award winning novel that's going to make me famous and turn into a movie deal that Branjelina will star in, there's no crime in that.

Until January, I'm on my own..figuring out how to get inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment