Thursday 19 July 2012

1000 Gifts: A project

I was given a challenge on Tuesday. A challenge to draw close to God, and find the good in everyday life. An attempt to, when all we seem to be able to focus on is the negativity in our lives, in the things that go or are going wrong to find the blessings God has given us. To change our way of thinking.

The book 1000 gifts by Ann tells her story, and she does just that. I don't know much about the book as I've yet to read it, but regardless, with or without reading the book I know this is something I need to do. So, I'm hoping if there is anyone out there that reads my blog, you will come along with me in doing this. 1000 blessings. 1000 things to be thankful for. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

My goal is to write something every day, as much or as little as possible, and see when my mind changes. Will you join me?

1. Eye mask to help me sleep during the day.
2. My big air conditioner
3. Kitty snuggles in the morning
4. Lavendar sprays for sleeping
5. Coffee
6. Ball point pens
7. My blender
8. Ice cream
9. Glasses
10. Contacts
11. Sunglasses
12. Cell phone/text messaging
13. My church family
14. My best friend Trish

14 things on day one. I'm not sure if that's good or not. I'm SURE it will become easier the closer I get to 1000 and I'm going to want to go well past the 1000 things. This is going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I want to encourage you in this. I have always found that the more I recognize my blessings the more blessings I have.

    If you are ever struggling may I suggest most any psalm but particularly, 141 to the end, 100, 96, 27, 15, or ps 19.

    I also was challenged to do 5 psalms and one proverb a day for 30 days. I cannot say enough about it.

    Hold strong and I will leave you with

    PS 143: 8
    Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
    Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.

    ReplyDelete