Monday 16 July 2012

I was a witness

Sunday July 15, 2012 is a day that will forever be etched in my brain. God's amazing and awesome works are shown in many things we see, do and experience every single day, but I was awe-struck by what transpired this day.

Freedom House church normally has it's worship service in the lower level of the market square mall. This particular Sunday they forewent their usual worship service, and offered a "free" baptism service in Harmony Square. Anyone could be baptized, except for babies..as long as they understood what it meant. If you understood that Jesus is your savior and that He died on the cross for your sins and mine. If you knew that you needed and wanted a relationship with Jesus you could be baptized. Amazing!

They started with a short worship service (amazing job by their worship team), and had two pools set up behind for the baptisms. The rest of the afternoon was pure amazing. People that chose Jesus and chose to be baptized that day were so many, and from so many walks of life. There were young people, old people, there were families. There were different nationalities, there were SO many broken people. My 10 year old nephew (well - he's my best friends youngest - I've made him my nephew because I say so) decided that day he was ready to be baptized.

I cried. I cried because I was so proud of him for the leap of faith he took, he's so young! I cried when I watched some of the people who were quite obviously broken get baptized. I know that there is healing, hope and a future for them, with Jesus alongside to walk with them! I cried when I watched a man and woman get baptized. They were both differently-abled, he did much of his commuting in a scooter, and she did much of hers in a wheelchair. She was on oxygen. She got up out of her chair and got in the pool and was baptized. Praise the Lord! A woman was baptized who waited 30 years to be baptized. She'd been told she wasn't allowed to, and so she waited 30 years for this very day. Hallelujah!

It was an amazing day, this particular Sunday. Not often do I feel like a very spiritual person, or do I feel God's presence. I always know He's there, and I've been blessed beyond what I can imagine by him, I just don't always feel it, or recognize it until later. I felt God's presence yesterday. He was definitely there. Probably at least (or more then) 100 people were led to Jesus and baptized. That is so beyond awesome.

What an awesome way to both end and begin a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment