Sunday 29 July 2012

1000 gifts: Day 7 & Day 9

I started writing todays gifts, and I don't have many. I didn't actually want to even write them. I've been doing this study by Jennie Allen called "stuck" and without going into what this weeks homework was, I'll just say it was very convicting. I had a little cry, and I struggled through it. I've been thinking about my list, and feeling kind of guilty, because I thought I could do something at least every day. Then I thought that's next to impossible because when I work the night shift, I either work three days in a row of twelve hour shifts, or four days in a row. So when I'm working, usually all I do is (try to) sleep, and work. Not much room in between for the rest. Now I've been thinking, if I had a thing to be greatful for everything I have an excuse for, I'd be well on my way to finishing my 1000 gifts by now. That said, I am still plugging away, giving my best effort to keep my mind focused on my blessings and gifts, and less on the negative. I may still not post every single day, but I will give it my best efforts to do what I can.

A friend of mine also said, you're not necessarily meant to do 15 things or more in a day, but the point is to do just the act of being greatful, rather then being ungreatful. Imagine that eh, being totally ungreatful....

Day 7
44. Public transit
45. Friendly transit drivers
46. Thunder and rain

Day 9
47. Friendly cab drivers
48. Patio time at my besties
49. Friends who let you whine when they've been awake for 24+ hours
50. Worship music
51. Awesome preachers at church

That's it for now. How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment