Saturday 4 January 2014

Jesus Calling - Jan 1st and 2nd

 So my blog has been dead for quite some time now. I've been wanting to resurrect it for a while, and I finally got the opportunity, as long as I ca stick with it.

I was fives the Jesus calling devotional for Christmas, and I thought I would like to blog my progress. The idea is to read daily, and devote some time with God each day as you go through this book. It's got scripture verses which are fitting to the days topic I guess, some are incredibly right on the mark. So here goes...

January 1st

"Be aware that I am fully attentive to you. I see you with a steady eye because my attention span is infinite."

Jesus is reminding me of my favourite verse - Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I am reminded that while I might not know what MY future looks like, whether it be with my work or my personal life, HE does, and with that I have to have peace. God is good.

January 2nd
"As you spend time with Me, your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today's plans and problems." 

He knows me so well. How much more peace would I have if I just settle and listen to Him? Thank you Lord for the reminder..

Psalm 105:4 - seek the LORD and His strength, seek. His face evermore." 

I love these gentle reminders !

No comments:

Post a Comment